CMJ 2011 officially kicks off tomorrow and to celebrate we’ve compiled a “mixtape” of some of our favorite festival artists, streaming live on our own Pulp radio. Our mix includes showcase artists, Millionyoung,Beat Connection, Infernal Devices, Dinosaur Bones, Quiet Lights,Syvia, and Moon Furies, all of which share a musical likeness with Body Language, Celestial Shore, Class Actress, Chad Valley, High Highs, and Teen Daze.
If you’re looking to catch these talented musicians live this week, here’s where they’ll be:
- Body Language: 10/18 – 12AM, All Things Go Party @ Dominion; 10/19 – 10PM, Dub Frequency/Spotify @ Tammany Hall; 10/19 – 11PM, Patron/Superfly @ Prince George; 10/20 – 6PM,Tell All Your Friends/IGIF @ Piano’s; 10/22 – 3PM, SPIN/Press House @ Rockwood Music Hall
- Celestial Shore: 10/20 @ Lit Lounge; 10/21, Two Syllable @ Bruar Falls; 10/22 @ Freedom Garden
- Class Actress: 10/18 @ Public Assembly; 10/20 w/Metronomy @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Chad Valley: 10/18, Music Slut Day Party @ Piano’s; 10/18, Oh My Rockness Party @ Cameo; 10/19,Under the Radar Magazine Party @ Public Assembly; 10/19, Fixed Party @ Public Assembly; 10/20,Windish Showcase @ LPR; 10/20, Surprise Attack Showcase @ Spike Hill; 10/21, Baeble Music Party @ Spike Hill; 10/21, Megablaag Blogger Party @ Bar Matchless; 10/22, Popgun Party @ Cameo
- High Highs: 10/21, Windish Showcase @ Mercury Lounge
- Teen Daze: 10/18, Lefse/Waaga Showcase @ Piano’s; 10/19, Terrorbird Day Party @ Cake Shop; 10/20, Pop Montreal Day Party @ Public Assembly; 10/20, BirdDog Promotions/The Sky Report @ Bar Matchless; 10/21, Megablaag @ Bar Matchless; 10/22, Popgun Booking @ Cameo.
This past weekend’s Creator’s Project, sponsored by Intel and Vice Magazine, brought together music, art installations, and food vendor’s to one of NYC’s most inspirational neighborhoods, DUMBO. It was a great pre-CMJ kickoff event and there was fantastic talent at all three stages. We spent the majority of our time in the old Tobacco Warehouse, where we caught Teen Daze, John Maus, Yuksek, and Atlas Sound. To end the night with a bang, we heard the fantastic sounds of Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine underneath the Manhattan bridge.
(View from the Park)